Copied table of Joshua Jonathan's copyright violations from User:Bladesmulti/Copyrights to add extra info to it. This is supplementary information for: Statement by Robert Walker in ARE case Joshua Jonathan.
TABLE LEGEND AND INTRO[edit source | hide | hide all]
- "Cite only" - gives the author a cite in a footnote but not the slightest suggestion that the text comes from them, so clearly breaching WP:COPYVIO.
All of them so far have been of that form. But if I find them:
- "Attributed" - makes clear the text comes from the author but does not put it in quotes
- "Not attributed" - either not cited at all, or presented in such a way that nobody could connect the text with the author.
TABLE EXTRACT[edit source | hide]
|Diff||Number of words||Attributed?||Date added||Fixed?||Copies text from|
|Indian religions||39 words||Cite only, clear WP:COPYVIO||14 February 2015||Fixed  Joshua Jonathan -Let's talk! 05:24, 28 February 2015 (UTC)|||
|History of India||39 words||Cite only, clear WP:COPYVIO||14 February 2015||Fixed ||-|
|Gautama Buddha||36 words||Cite only, clear WP:COPYVIO||14 November 2014||Fixed diff Joshua Jonathan -Let's talk! 05:42, 28 February 2015 (UTC)|||
|Bardo Thodol||28 words||Cite only, clear WP:COPYVIO||30 December 2014||Fixed diff Joshua Jonathan -Let's talk! 05:47, 28 February 2015 (UTC)|||
|Bardo Thodol||17 words||Cite only, and cite is attached to next bullet point instead of this one, clear WP:COPYVIO||30 December 2014||Fixed diff Joshua Jonathan -Let's talk! 05:57, 28 February 2015 (UTC)|||
|Hindutva||27 words||Cite only, clear WP:COPYVIO||18 February 2015||Fixed (text has been removed)|||
|Karma in Buddhism||23 words||Cite only, clear WP:COPYVIO||13 January 2015||Fixed diff Joshua Jonathan -Let's talk! 06:05, 28 February 2015 (UTC)||-|
|Buddhism||23 words||Cite only, clear WP:COPYVIO||15 November 2014 (||Fixed diff Joshua Jonathan -Let's talk! 06:10, 28 February 2015 (UTC)|||
|Aro gTér||16 words||Cite only, clear WP:COPYVIO||18th January 2015||Fixed (section has been removed)|||
PLEASE NOTE. THIS IS A TABLE I WORKED ON FOR A SHORT TIME DURING THE ARE ACTION NOT INTENDED FOR A FIX CHECK LIST[edit source | hide]
If it is helpful, glad to hear it. JJ, you are welcome to edit this table as you are doing, if you find it useful.
But you should be aware:
- I checked only 13 of numerous entries in Bladesmulti's table
- I didn't have time to double check it
- The ones that I marked as WP:PARAPHRASE also probably need to be fixed and double checked also - I meant to double check to see if they were WP:PARAPHRASE or WP:COPYVIO but didn't have time before the action ended.
- This is just the first section of Bladesmulti's long list. It doesn't include quotefarms or the other issues he raised.
- I don't guarantee that it was copied accurately without omissions. In particular, I may have lost entries while copying from the bottom table to the top. It was just meant as a way to get a first impression of the situation.
Just saying, there are probably other issues to fix in Bladesmulti's far longer list of diffs.
(WORK IN PROGRESS - COPYING TABLE BELOW TO TABLE ABOVE AS I GO THROUGH IT)[edit source | hide]
Some of these examples are more like close paraphrase (see WP:PARAPHRASE) than WP:COPYVIO. Though those also are forbidden - for now i thought clearest to stick to clear examples of WP:COPYVIO, so have skipped those.
|Diff||Number of words||Attributed||Date added||Fixed||Copies text from|
|Indo-Aryan migration theory||words||WP:PARAPHRASE||date|||
|Satyananda Saraswati difftool: ||words||WP:PARAPHRASE||date|||
|Language shift||words||Fixed diff Joshua Jonathan -Let's talk! 06:26, 28 February 2015 (UTC)||date||--|
|||words||date|| (realization of the nature of reality via , mode' (tshul) or a 'view' (lta ba) ... applied within deity yoga)|
|Bhagavad Gita||words||date||(below of page)|
|||words||date||(and long quotes)|
|Smarta Tradition||words||date||smarta%20schools%20in%20the%20sense%20that%20they%20develop%20orthodox&f=false(more than highlighted)|
|||words||date|| (see )|
|Korean Seon ( (original article had that sentence, entirely different))||words||date|||
|||words||date|| or (an Iranian cultural...)|
|||words||date|| "as the culmination of", and next few lines.|
|Kensho||words||date|| so is current |
|Dhyana in Buddhism||words||date|||
|Four Noble Truths||words||date|||
|Spirituality||words||date||- (including (12c.) )|