Katherine H. Freeman
|This article is a clone of a Wikipedia article. It has not yet been vetted by our editors.|
|Katherine H. Freeman|
|Born||Katherine Haines Freeman|
|Thesis||The carbon isotopic compositions of individual compounds from ancient and modern depositional environments (1991)|
|Doctoral advisor||John M. Hayes|
Katherine H. Freeman is a co-editor-in-chief of the peer-reviewed scientific journal, Annual Review of Earth and Planetary Sciences. She is also the Evan Pugh University Professor of Geosciences at Pennsylvania State University where her research interests are organic geochemistry, isotopic biogeochemistry, paleoclimate and astrobiology.
Academic background[edit | edit source]
In 1984 Wellesley College awarded Freeman her B.A. in geology and classical civilization. At Indiana University, Bloomington she obtained her M.S. (1989) and Ph.D. (1991) in geology under the direction of John M. Hayes. Freeman then did a postdoc at the Skidaway Institute of Oceanography (Savannah, Georgia) in 1990-91, and subsequently joined Pennsylvania State University in 1991. Freeman was appointed a Distinguished Professor in 2015 and later an Evan Pugh University Professor in 2016 by Penn State. An Evan Pugh University professorship is the highest honor that Pennsylvania State University can bestowed on a member of its faculty.
Awards[edit | edit source]
Freeman is a fellow of the American Geophysical Union (2013), The Geochemical Society and European Association of Geochemistry (2011), American Academy of Microbiology (2011), John Simon Guggenheim Memorial Foundation (2010), Geological Society of America (2007), and Canadian Institute for Advanced Research (2001). She was elected to membership in the National Academy of Sciences in 2013.
References[edit | edit source]
- Co-editor in chief (2014). "Editorial Committee Members for Earth and Planetary Sciences". Palo Alto, CA, USA: Annual Review of Earth and Planetary Sciences. Retrieved 27 December 2014.
- "Katherine H. Freeman". Biography page. Toronto, Ontario, Canada: Canadian Institute for Advanced Research. 2014. Archived from the original on 2013-04-12. Retrieved 27 December 2014.
- Faculty page (2014). "Katherine H. Freeman". University Park, PA: Penn State Department of Geosciences. Retrieved 27 December 2014.
- Freeman, Katherine Haines (1991). The carbon isotopic compositions of individual compounds from ancient and modern depositional environments (Ph.D.). Indiana University. OCLC 26023105 – via ProQuest. (Subscription required (. ))
- "Katherine Haines Freeman" (PDF). Curriculum vitae. Pennsylvania State University. 2012. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2013-06-29. Retrieved 27 December 2014.
- "Sixteen named distinguished professors at Penn State". Pennsylvania State University. January 19, 2015.
- "Three faculty members named Evan Pugh University Professors". Pennsylvania State University. April 28, 2016.
- "American Geophysical Union Announces 2013 Fellows". American Geophysical Union. 30 July 2013.
- "Geochemical Fellows". 1996-2014. The Geochemical Society. Retrieved 27 December 2014.
- "Geochemical Fellows". European Association of Geochemistry.
- "Fellows Elected in 2011". American Academy of Microbiology.
- Search: Katherine H. Freeman. "Fellowships to assist research and artistic creation". 1925-2014. John Simon Guggenheim Memorial Foundation. Retrieved 27 December 2014.[dead link]
- Messer, A'ndrea Elyse (May 1, 2013). "Freeman elected to National Academy of Science". Pennsylvania State University.
|This article uses material from Katherine H. Freeman on Wikipedia (view authors). License under CC BY-SA 3.0.|