|This article is a clone of a Wikipedia article. It has not yet been vetted by our editors.|
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (December 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico
|Known for||Contributions to the theories of the origin of life|
Antonio Eusebio Lazcano Araujo Reyes (born 1950) is a Mexican biology researcher and professor of the School of Sciences at the National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM) in Mexico City. He has studied the origin and early evolution of life for more than 35 years.
Lazcano pursued his undergraduate and graduate studies at UNAM, where he focused on the study of prebiotic evolution and the emergence of life. He has been professor-in-residence or visiting scientist in France, Spain, Cuba, Switzerland, Russia, and the United States. He has written several books in Spanish, including The Origin of Life (1984) which became a best-seller with more than 600,000 sold copies.In addition, he has been a member of several advisory and review boards of scientific organizations, such as NASA, where he was a member of the NASA Astrobiology Institute
He served as president of the International Society for the Study of the Origin of Life, "ISSOL", for two terms, and is also the first Latin American scientist to occupy this position. A great honor, for Alexander Oparin, Stanley L. Miller and J. William Schopf, were also presidents of ISSOL.
Bibliography[edit | edit source]
- Lazcano Araujo, Antonio, El origen del nucleocitoplasma. Breve historia de una hipótesis cambiante, incluido en Una revolución en la evolución (A revolution in evolution), Universitat València, 2003, ISBN 978-84-370-5494-0
- Lazcano Araujo, A. (1988). La bacteria prodigiosa. Colección Biblioteca Joven. 91 pp. México: Fondo de Cultura Económica.
- Lazcano Araujo, A. (2008). Alexander I. Oparin: La chispa de la vida/The Spark of Life. 112 pp. México: Pax México. ISBN 968-860-886-6, 9789688608869
- Lazcano Araujo, A. (1983). El origen de la vida: evolución química y evolución biológica. 2a. ed., 107 pp., reimpr. México: Trillas ISBN 968-24-1313-3, 9789682413131 
References[edit | edit source]
- List of Staff in the Faculty of Science, UNAM Retrieved December 2010
- Resume of Antonio Lazcano at UNAM Archived June 15, 2009, at the Wayback Machine. (Last updated c. 2002) Retrieved December 2010
- NASA Astrobiology profile Antonio Lazcano Retrieved December 2010
- Past ICOL/ISSOL Meetings Retrieved December 2010
- Página de Google Books acerca de La bacteria prodigiosa, de Antonio Lazcano Araujo (Consulted on 07/02/2012)
- (Consulted on 07/02/2012)
- (Consulted on 07/12/2012)
- Síntesis curricular del doctor Antonio Lazcano Araujo en un documento publicado por la Universidad Pedagógica Nacional para una conferencia sobre el origen de la vida (Consulted on 07/11/12)
Lua error in Module:Authority_control at line 665: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).
|This article uses material from Antonio Lazcano on Wikipedia (view authors). License under CC BY-SA 3.0.|